FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- The best of both coasts. LA's Roy Choi sits down with Beastie Boy Mike D over some seafood. Given with my childhood obsession with the Beastie Boys and my current obsession with Roy Choi (of Kogi, Chego and Pot fame), this pairing is a match made in heaven. Check out the video on LAist - Mike D and Roy Choi's personality fill the video with the kind of color and texture that only come from years of experience and innovation.
- In the studio with America Martin. In my line of work, I try to keep on top of what's going on in contemporary art, especially in Los Angeles. I've been watching the work of Silverlake artist America Martin, and I'm already obsessed. I loved seeing her space (I seriously wish I had a workspace like that) and reading about her creative processes.
- Sleep tight, sleep right. I'm a firm believer that rest is indispensable to a productive life. Here are 10 ways to improve your rest to ensure that you spring out of bed in the morning to tackle all of the important shit you have in your agenda with zeal.
- I want that trophy, so dance good. Ever wonder how the wardrobe department ended up choosing the iconic uniform for Pulp Fiction's Mia Wallace? I have. In this article, Elle speaks with costume designer Betsy Heimann on why - and how - this mob boss's wife turned a simple black-and-white pairing into an iconic look.
- I'ma let you finish but... Kanye West has actually made some good points a few times. The rapper get a bad rap (hehe), but I really appreciate where he comes from on a lot of topics. This articles boils down some of West's most poignant remarks.